Tuesday, March 01, 2005

March already!

I can't believe it is already March 1. This is the very month that my great big, gigantic, five-years in the making, dream is actually going to transpire. Wow. Hard to believe. Even though I'm going to miss my loved ones like crazy - it still just feels right. It truly is a desire of my heart and I plan to see it through. But, dear God, how I will miss my family and friends!

Yesterday I bought a digital camera (Canon A85). Hopefully, I'll learn to use it soon and figure out how to post some pictures on here! I also bought a mini Ipod so I can listen to music without having to transport a bunch of cds. I ordered a headset for my computer with hopes of having access to the internet so that I can call home using the *free* Skype software that I downloaded. It only costs .02 cents per minute to call any telephone, anywhere in the U.S. And it's absolutely free if the other person has the software on their computer. All of you who have computers and might like to talk to me for free - check it out! It also offers an instant messaging service. I guess the only other electronic item I need to purchase is an audio recorder (for language lessons).

As for clothing, I'm planning on packing pretty light. I understand that just about everything we will need will be available to purchase in Manila. However, I did order two pair of Chaco sandals (which are half price to PCVs if you call customer service and request the form at 970.527.4990). I'm anxious for them to get here so I can try them on!

Okay, enough of my puchasing and packing details for now. I'll write more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home