Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Staging in Detroit

Well, here I am in Detroit. I've finally met the other volunteers in my group and I am happy to report that they all seem great. As I suspected, I am the only person here from Oklahoma, but that's okay. No one is holding it against me.

Yesterday was a really long day. My flight left at the crack of early, so I had to get up way before early. Of course, I stayed up way late, so I ended up getting only 3 hours sleep. When I arrived in Detroit I was tired. Then I had to meet people and sit through meetings. All in all it was a very long day. By 10 pm I was exhausted. Fortunately, my bed was comfy and I got 8 hours sleep and awoke feeling refreshed today.

More meetings today, and then we found out details on our flight to Manila. We leave tomorrow afternoon at 2:35 and arrive in Manila at 10:45 pm. We land in Tokyo to refuel, but won't deplane. The flight is almost twenty hours. So far, this all still feels pretty normal. I mean, I've been to Detroit and I've been to hotel conferences. However, I've got a feeling that things are about to change. Like, in the very near future. Twenty hours on a plane and deboarding in a hot, humid place with strange smells, sights, languages, etc. Oh my.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home