Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Homesick and Ready

It's weird how I can be feeling this homesick after being here for an entire year. I'm sure that one big reason is because now that school is out, I'm at a loss of things to do with myself during the days. I have been spending a lot of time in my room - secluded - and that's not good. It's like a downward spiral. The more I shut myself off from the outside world - the more I feel like an outsider. The more I feel like an outsider - the less I want to go out. It really sucks. I'm counting on my visit home to provide me with all the loving support I need to come back and make it through my last year here.

I'm just so happy that I'll be coming home to visit VERY SOON! I can't wait to see you all.

It seems that I should have more to post since I haven't posted in almost a month. It's just that I'm not feeling very fond of my current situation and I don't want to write anything I might regret later. I'm pretty sure you understand.

It's all going to be alright. I just need to come home and get some hugs and be reminded that there are people who love and accept me just as I am. And that I'm not really as old as I feel somedays. And that not everyone on the planet speaks five languages fluently.

Enough now. I have said enough. Counting the days and looking forward to being home shortly. Love to all and see you soon!

1 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe that being alone and feeling lonely--as painful as it is at the time--is the only path that leads us to our true selves. As Danny Rubin wrote; “It could be a curse or it could be a blessing. Just depends on how you look at it.” (Groundhog Day)
Or, maybe, it’s a curse and a blessing at the same time. Either way, the pain only lasts for a little while but the blessing lasts a life time (or several lifetimes if you’re lucky).

John

 

Post a Comment

<< Home