Thursday, December 15, 2005

Naragsak ay Paskua en kayo (Happy Holidays to you all)

So . . . this week I am here in LaTrinidad for language training camp. I'm pretty sure I have been learning some stuff, but right now I can't remember what any of it is. My language teacher here at the camp is a co-teacher at my school who I meet with most Sunday afternoons for language tutoring sessions. She is a sweety, but hasn't taught language before so we are both learning as we go.

We are staying on the campus of Benguet State University in dorms. I feel really fortunate to have a double room (2 twin beds) but no room mate and a private CR. Woohoo! It's the little things . . .

Tomorrow is the last day of language training. On Saturday morning I will be traveling about 7 hours by bus back to Nueva Vizcaya to visit my first host family. They are leaving for Manila on the 18th, so it will be a short visit with them. After that, I think I will be going to Ifugao and onto Mt. Province to visit some other volunteers. Teri (and possibly Tom) -- volunteers who were in my cluster during training-- will be coming with me back to my site for Christmas. That will be a good thing.

Everyone in Kapangan says that they don't have a big Christmas celebration, but "we have a very nice New Year's celebration". So . . . I will be staying in Kapangan for the New Year's festivities. I'll let you know how it goes.

Well, I really don't have much to say . . . I just wanted to write and wish you all happy holidays and say that I miss home. I miss my family and my friends and I really, really, really wish I was going to be there for Christmas.

But I'm not - and I will survive. Actually, I will do better than survive. I will continue counting my blessings and thanking God for my life. And I totally look forward to seeing you all when the time comes.

Love yourselves and each other. Have a happy christmas and a beautiful and safe new year's. Hugs and kisses to you all xoxo :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home